Security Engineer - Command
About the Team
Uber's Security Response and Investigations team protects and mitigate cyber security threats across the company. We prevent, detect, mitigate, and evict cyber security threats globally. The team is made of three groups: Investigations, Incident Command, and VSOC (virtual security operations center).
About the Role
You will be joining the Command team, reporting directly to the Security Engineering Manager in the United States. As a Security Engineer - Command, you will be on the ground floor, helping to build the engineering security presence in Hyderabad, and providing strategic investigations and response expertise. You will be the primary point of contact for the highest severity cyber events. You will also partner closely with the local security operations center analysts, providing mentorship to security analysts.
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor, helping to build out processes and the team, with your work affecting the company at large. This is a hands-on technical position tasked with investigating intrusion and abuse on the Uber platform as well as against the business. You should enjoy leading projects and investigations involving multiple people across functions, and be comfortable in the driver's seat, driving strategy during time sensitive and high stakes crisis events. Candidates must have excellent communication and problem solving skills, along with experience dealing with sensitive matters effectively and respectfully.
**What You'll do: **
- Drive strategy for incident response for highest criticality cyber security events.
- Serve as point of contact throughout the incident lifecycle, reporting updates directly to leadership.
- Leading large groups of partners, including engineers, in response to cyber incidents.
- Conduct rapid response, mitigation, and investigations on highest priority cases impacting Uber and user data.
- Partner with the team in the US to drive response and investigations globally.
- Support and mentor analysts conducting investigations and triage in the region.
- Manage multiple cases and projects at once while effectively prioritizing time.
- You will be the incident response strategic expert for the cases you work.
- This role will be an integrated part of the Security Response and Investigations team based out of the US and working closely with global counterparts; some off hours are expected.
What you'll need:
While you don't need every skill on the list, you should be an expert in at least a few, and have a conceptual understanding of all.
- Must be highly experienced in the incident response lifecycle.
- 7+ years experience in security response and investigations.
- Experience driving complex end to end cases to resolution.
- Experience working crisis events for a global company.
- Certifications in Security.
- Strong executive presence.
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center, or Incident Response team is helpful.
- Experience as an incident commander is preferred.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.