Sr Software Engineer - II (FullStack)
About the Role
Uber for Business (U4B) is one of the fastest-growing key business at Uber. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer /Architect on U4B statement platform team, you will architect the B2B platform that supports various products (e.g., U4B, Uber Health, Vouchers, E4B, Freight, ATG).
What You'll Do
- Lead the architecture design on building a true B2B platform within Uber.
- Architect U4B platform systems to be more generic in order to support various fast-growing products (e.g., U4B, Uber Health, Vouchers, E4B, Freight, ATG)
- Adapt and optimize key pieces of Uber's evolving infrastructure to U4B platform systems
- Set best engineering practices and mentor junior team members
- Support hyper growth/new products in U4B from the platform perspective. Design and build extensible new features in organization/employee management, money movement, billing and reporting.
What You'll Need
- 12 + years of experience in full-stack development using Web technologies such as React/Redux to build reusable components that fit together in scalable production applications.
- Strong knowledge of backend system design and stack, including programming languages like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they interface with Redis, Kafka, or similar.
- A firm grasp of data structure and algorithm fundamentals and how to apply them in real-world applications.
- Experience in shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our high growth environment.
About the Team:
The Uber for Business team builds products, services, and experiences that give organizations the power to run and grow their business through Uber's services. We are a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture. Visit Uber for Business to learn more
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.