Sr. Paralegal, Marketing and Advertising
The Marketing & Advertising Legal team is comprised of a diverse and talented team of legal professionals who provide legal support to anyone helping Uber promote its brand and communicate to riders, drivers, and the public at large. The team is charged with fostering compliance with marketing and advertising laws; drafting and negotiating marketing, talent and sponsorship agreements; and counseling on various promotional initiatives, including cause marketing, sweepstakes and contests, digital marketing, and social media.
The Marketing & Advertising Legal team supports all marketing initiatives across all Uber businesses - from cause marketing campaigns and sweepstakes to promotional agreements and communications to all Uber users. We are looking for an experienced paralegal who can help us provide efficient support to the business by in our New York City or San Francisco office. Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing marketing claims and collateral;
- Advising on claims substantiation and disclosures;
- Updating and maintaining marketing playbooks, trainings and guidelines based on applicable laws, rules, and regulatory guidance;
- Assist in managing all aspects of Uber's marketing compliance obligations, including by coordinating with various businesses and functions across Uber on various training and record-keeping initiatives;
- Providing contract and contract management support specifically around promotions and production engagements.
- 8+ years of paralegal experience in either big firm or sophisticated in-house legal departments
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate
- In house experience preferred
- Familiarity with UDAP and intellectual property issues
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical Savvy - can create/use Google docs (slides, docs, charts...) and learn other tools, like Jira, DocuSign, etc...
- Experience with contract/information management systems a plus.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.