Senior Associate, Corporate Communications
About the Role
We are looking for a strong and forward-thinking communications professional to help the Corporate Communications team respond quickly and effectively across some of the most pressing news cycles impacting the company, including litigation, financial announcements, regulatory issues, and more. In this role, you will:
- Prioritize and respond to inbound inquiries from business, political, tech and financial reporters for Uber's fast-paced press cycles
- Prepare, update, and prioritize messaging to respond to issues
- Keep a close eye on the news and quickly pursue corrections whenever coverage is inaccurate
- Ensure alignment with Uber Communications, Policy, and Marketing colleagues around the world
- Team administrative work, including purchase orders, media lists, and PR agency management
- A PR strategist with 5+ years proven experience in communications, policy, and/or journalism
- Commensurate experience working cross-functionally in tech organizations and media
- A fact finder who loves to get into the details and deeply understand an issue from all sides
- A superb writer who can distill sophisticated ideas into succinct, credible narratives
- A gifted communicator who can think on their feet and make impassioned arguments, while staying calm and building relationships
- A phenomenal teammate: A well-organized convener who enjoys working with others to get stuff done
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
The most successful technology companies are forward-thinking storytellers who can effectively engage with business, technical, and consumer audiences alike to illustrate the magic behind and the benefits of their products. Our team is responsible for telling Uber's story, whether it's transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities and complementing public transportation. It's about building deep relationships with key journalists and working with teams across the company to build campaigns that tell our story in new and effective ways.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.