Sr Eats Marketplace Operations Manager
About the Role
Uber is evolving the way we move around the world. By seamlessly connecting consumers to businesses through our apps, we make cities more accessible. With Uber Eats, we're building Uber's newest and fastest growing business, spanning 180+ cities across all six continents -- and we're just getting started. The Sr Eats Marketplace Operations Manager role in Japan is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the core of our fastest growing business in one of our fastest growing markets. Marketplace specifically looks at how to make our EATS marketplace fast and reliable at the lowest possible cost. By diving into issues such as forecasting, delivery partner payment and incentives, and efficient marketplace settings, you will develop innovative ways and strategies to own a healthy and balanced marketplace.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our HQ and Asia Regional team on product rollouts to adjust these to local needs and ultimately deliver a better marketplace operation.
- Work through various financial and pricing challenges to improve the running costs of our marketplace.
- Scale processes and build solutions to improve the customer experience for consumers, restaurants, and delivery partners.
- You'll look for opportunities to automate and promote rapid scale and efficiency.
- Collaborate with all other functional teams in the Japan organization to get input and agreement to scale the Japan market efficiently, including the Japan City Operations and Sales teams, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Legal, Communications and Strategy & Planning.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 4 year experience in data science, business management, or operational analytics in a dynamic environment.
- Project management: evidence of complete ownership of a multi-layered project with many partners highly valued. Reliable, effective stakeholder management and communications.
- Strong analytical ability: Evidence of effective modeling to facilitate decisions; ability to draw key insights from analysis. Knowledge of SQL and experience with statistical packages or basic programming skills (ie Python) is highly regarded.
- Pursues excellence without compromising on execution. Even with a robust, detailed, and effective strategy, still executes at a reliable pace.
- Passion for customer experience: Curiosity and emotional intelligence for our users across consumers, Delivery Partners and Restaurant Partners. Understands how, when and why to incorporate qualitative insights into decision making.
- Business level fluency in English. Japanese language skills are a bonus, but not required.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.