Quality Management Systems Manager
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Our Global Supply Chain & Business Operations team is responsible for scaling technology and processes to deliver reliable and accessible transportation for the Uber platform. From strategic sourcing, manufacturing integration, strategic finance, supply chain data analytics, to site operations and Quality, this team scales it all for Uber ATG.
About the Role
The key function of the Quality Systems Manager role at Uber ATG is to build and develop processes, systems and methods to ensure compliance and control of our advanced technology development process, product manufacturing and quality assurance functions. A successful candidate must have deep knowledge and understanding of relevant industry standards and frameworks, be able to work collaboratively with all business departments to develop new requirements and be able to deliver solutions for the developing autonomous vehicle industry.
What You'll Do
- Build the business Quality Management System
- Support the establishment of the companies Quality Manual
- Support and collaborate with Safety to build a robust Safety Management System (SMS)
- Select, implement and establish appropriate business systems
- Define, control and deliver operational business improvement projects
- Coordinates activities related to meeting Quality Management System objectives
- Explain/Demonstrate Quality Management System requirements and benefits to managers, employees and visitors (customers, auditors, etc.) as necessary
- Define protocols, processes and frameworks for both internal cross-functional operations and external contract manufacturer supplier engagement
- Prepare for and support internal & external audits
- Degree in a relevant engineering related subject area
- 3 Years+ experience in quality control and management positions on new technology or product projects
- Knowledge and understanding of quality standards such as :
- ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 / ISO15504 ASPICE / CMMI Capability Maturity Model Integration
- 5 Years+ experience in the Automotive / Aerospace or relevant technology industry
- Six Sigma Qualifications
- Knowledge of ERP, PLM, MRP, MES operational / organisational platforms
- Knowledge of Quality maturation processes: APQP, PPAP, IQC, EOL
- Problem management and solving skills: Practical Problem Solving, 8D, 5Y * Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Explorer and or G-Suite tools
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.