Creative Director, Campaigns (Copy)
About the Role
We're looking for a Creative Director, Campaigns, who will align and lead creative work across the globe. The ideal candidate will lead and support the team to create idea-driven, world-class creative. The multi-talented creative team is lean, so the ability to take on the large and small, is critical. Campaigns will require a variety of working models, including directing agencies, and freelancers, but also rolling up your sleeves to attend tissue sessions, concept, and assist in executing the deliverables as a copywriter. The role demands great conceptual thinking, flawless execution, bold innovation, passion, and optimism. The ideal candidate has deep experience in leading and creating work for the world's most recognized brands and has a solid understanding of advertising and communication, corporate identity, and digital innovation.
What You'll Do
- Craft and develop ideas that will take the Uber brand to the next level
- Build brand consistency and alignment across diverse regions through the work we create and the work we ask partner agencies to produce
- Align with the global ECD to ensure a consistent direction, style, and methodology
- Use your sharp judgment and forward-thinking leadership skills to guide the teams through the creative process to launch engaging, strategic world-class marketing
- Build out a team of conceptual and craft-focused creatives by hiring the best talent in the industry, mentoring them, and developing their skills
- Set the bar high and get there fast without sacrificing quality for speed
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details when needed, while also knowing when to lead and when to help
- Help everyone excel not just within the creative team, and have your process and approach be celebrated, emulated and copied by teams throughout the organization
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Copywriting at agencies or In-house creative teams
- Ability to present a strong body of work across multiple media channels
- Experience leading and growing teams
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Tact to find commonalities between differing opinions and needs across regions, agency partners, and business partners
- An ability to work with different time zones and understand how to scale ideas for global deliverables
- A solid understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting an encouraged brand standard for aesthetic and communication quality
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Highly productive with the ability to execute with limited direction and often ambiguous challenges
- Initiative to solve problems big and small
- Optimism and excitement for your work, a love for the next big challenge, and a passion for business impact
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.