Backend Engineer 2 - Marketplace Investments
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
Marketplace Investments team builds the platform for planning and optimizing incentive budgets at Uber. Our platform also automates Driver offer generation algorithms. We seek to be at the center of marketplace spend, and your work will have a large impact at Uber. The combination of technical challenges and cross functional work will allow you to grow as a software engineer in any dimension.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists and use Machine Learning to improve predictive models to make better budget allocation decisions.
- Work with engineers on Driver Incentives and help onboard new offer generation levers on our platform.
- You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Prod Ops, Central Operations teams and have an opportunity to craft the future of incentive budgeting at Uber.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities with at least one coding language. We work with Golang, Java, Python, MySQL & NoSQL
- Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. Ability to discuss the tradeoffs between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Ability to craft database schemas in an extensible way.
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Spark
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Proven experience building large scale distributed systems
- Experience implementing sophisticated projects with multiple dependencies
- Curiosity to understand how Rides business works!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.