Product Designer - Advanced Technologies Group
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Our Product & Design team builds on a platform of deep insight for our users both internally and externally, turning complex technology into elegant product solutions.
About the Role
As Product Designer for ATG you'll be a part of a team of designers crafting platforms and tooling that are responsible for bringing our autonomous technologies to market. The internal products you design will help our autonomy development, and management of the self-driving fleet. You'll be collaborating with cross-functional partners to help research, brainstorm, and deliver the product experience for some of our most critical simulation products. You should feel comfortable performing a full range of product design skills including, interaction & service design, visual design, and prototyping. Uber's work in Advanced Technologies has many exciting challenges ahead, and we're excited to welcome you as a team member as we build the future of transportation. This is a full-time position in our PIT office.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to help research, brainstorm, and deliver the product experience for some of our most critical simulation and autonomy development products.
- Design internal products to help our autonomy development, and management of the self-driving fleet.
- Work with product managers to define requirements, not just translate them to design.
- Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs, and achieve high shipped product quality.
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences.
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs to tackle difficult UX problems.
- Obsess over the details of the interaction, visual and motion design.
- Partner closely with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our users.
- Ship, measure, and improve the designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product and engineering.
- Collaborate and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar.
- Empower engineers to get the fit and finish right.
- Minimum of 4+ years of product design experience.
- Experience working on complex interactive systems or products
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI, and UX work.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or related digital design and prototyping software.
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from all disciplines and levels.
- Experience translating insights from user studies into meaningful action.
- A portfolio of relevant product work
- Ability to generate detailed, interactive prototypes
- Ability to create an elegant visual design with thoughtful composition
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Comfort conducting stakeholder interviews, integrating findings into final designs
- Proven ability to set up metrics for challenging and novel problems
- Proven ability to work with engineering teams to build assets, refine the user experience, and produce high-quality products
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a team environment.
- Ability to travel 25% of time
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.