Program Manager, Tech (Marketing)
About the Role
Program Managers are the owners of team productivity. We promote execution and alignment through effective communication, bring efficiency and results through continuous improvement and problem solving, and foster collaboration and teamwork.
To succeed as a Program Manager, you need the ability to multitask, plan, organize, and collaborate. Program managers prioritize a wide variety of requests with opposing deadlines and limited resources. Timely decision-making and prioritization are critical to make sure everything runs smoothly.
This position also requires significant collaboration and excellent stakeholder management skills. You need to know how to clarify decision accountability and effectively communicate requests and assignments, including getting team members to meet deadlines and following up when they don't, pushing back on unrealistic demands, and making sure everyone is satisfied with the project progress.
What You'll Do
- Be the main point of contact and facilitate communication between cross-functional teams (engineering, product, data science, performance marketers, data ops, and business) for cross-functional programs
- Create program timelines, reports, dashboards in Smartsheet, and a program review deck in G-Suite to drive execution & communication up to and across the organization.
- Question the status quo to accelerate execution timelines by meeting with stakeholders & program leads 1:1 and in weekly program sync meetings
- Partner communications: Responsible for drafting and sending Monthly/Quarterly/Half/Annual stakeholder & leadership comms
- Coordinate with the Product Management & engineering teams based in the US, Amsterdam, and India
- Use a prioritization framework to evaluate if new projects should be added to the roadmap or not
- Hold cross-functional team members accountable for deliverables
- Ensure the product backlog is up to date in SmartSheet with the milestone status and key launch-related documents during bi-weekly syncs with PMs
- Establish and re-evaluate priorities, adjusting the program roadmap as demands and priorities change
- Set and make sure a communication cadence to keep all stakeholders updated on progress
- Innovate to find new ways of improving integration, collaboration, and satisfaction across the program
- Innovate for gains in efficiency while operating with a goal-oriented attitude
- Create high impact materials for any audience, in Google Slides and Google Sheets, reducing sophisticated or complicated information into concise messages and using knowledge of partners' agendas to ensure maximum engagement
- Create, edit, and publish content on our internal Program Management dashboard on SmartSheet
- 5+ years proven ability in Project/Program/BizOps management
- Experience working in a large, complex, fast paced organization
- Proficiency in G Suite products (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Proficiency in Smartsheet or a similar project management tool
- Exceptional partner management and relationship building skills.
- Proven project management experience
- Experience with Enterprise Software/SaaS
- A self-starter who can work proactively and independently, managing complexity & driving results!
- Highly adaptable, resilient, and calm under pressure given change and context switching is a constant
- A superb planner, collaborator & communicator with excellent organization skills who can distill sophisticated, cross-functional dependencies into simple calendar timelines to drive execution.
- Confident & truth-seeking in partner management with an appetite for creating efficiency with a combination of people, process & tools
- A great listener who's always on the lookout for feedback
- A standout colleague who enjoys working with others to get stuff done
- Great instincts to tell what's important and meaningful from what's just noise
- Additional skills required include time-management, an eye for detail, and problem-solving skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.