Tax Manager LatAm
About the Role
Uber is looking to add a Tax Manager for the Latin American region. This role will be based in Mexico City. It will work closely with various internal teams such as legal, finance and operations, and external advisors to execute tax-planning initiatives, ensure local compliance, defend and resolve disputes, and help support the tax area in the region. We are looking for a hands-on and results driven tax expert who thrives in a fast pace and ambiguous environment.
What You'll Do
- Develop, implement and lead Uber's income tax, transfer pricing and VAT strategies in the Latin American region
- Collaborate with cross functional teams regarding tax, treasury, finance and other matters
- Handle controversy and provide mentorship in tax issues and disputes in various countries in this region and establish relationships with various tax authorities
- Support business initiatives and implementations, advising cross-functional teams on tax issues to achieve operational efficiency and business objectives
- Run and support day-to-day tax affairs ensuring compliance and reporting either directly with local finance or with external advisors
What You'll Need
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience in Big 4 or law firm experience strongly preferred with in-house background, but we will consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Regional experience is considered a strong plus
- Extensive experience with Latin American countries tax matters, emphasis on Indirect Taxes
- Experience in digital economy taxation is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in law, finance, accounting or similar
- CPA or J.D. and/or Master's in Taxation
- Experience in a high-growth, international environment preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.