Strategic Finance Manager, Corporate Functions
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Strategic Finance team providex comprehensive financial insight into the business through regional and functional business partnering, forecasting and budgets, and pricing and incentives.
About the Role
As the Strategic Finance Manager for Corporate Functions, you will be a strategic, financial and operational thought partner to Uber's global G&A teams. You will drive and execute on Uber's long-term efficiency strategy, working closely with cross-functional leadership across the Finance, Legal and People teams, among others. You will play an integral part in the company's achievement of its strategic and financial goals through driving and supporting financial planning, building dynamic, detailed, scalable financial models, and bringing your skills as a manager to build a world class finance team. If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnering - work closely with G&A leadership to develop financial forecasts and key performance indicators, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making that aligns capital and resource allocation with the company's strategic priorities
- Scale and transition from startup to mature enterprise - we need the best people on board to help us refine our planning & forecasting processes, and ensure standard finance methodologies and accountability are spread throughout the organization
- Global headcount - develop and implement tools for reporting on key headcount metrics for Uber's fast growing global team
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help evaluate and drive these important initiatives
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets
- Lead a team - you will be responsible for leading a Finance team supporting corporate functions
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- A minimum of 8 years in Corporate finance / operational FP&A or Investment Banking/Corporate Finance at a large, well-established company
- A solid understanding of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Experience building, training and developing a team
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Attention to detail combined with swift execution
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- You possess the ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with concrete action plans.
- Real teammate - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Systems - solid understanding of enterprise-level financial planning systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.