Frontend Engineer II - Data and Simulation - Marketplace
About the Role
The data & Intelligence team builds high-quality datasets, metrics, ML features, and data tools. As a frontend web engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building tools that empower everyone in the company to make the best use of all the data Uber has. You will be the key to connect hundreds of Petabyte-level data sources to the actual business use cases. You will directly impact the day-to-day work of tens of thousands of internal users such as operation managers, customer support agents, data scientists, engineers, and executives.
What You'll Do
- Work with product managers and users to understand users' day-to-day work and how data can help make their jobs easier. We have many new use cases that we want to explore. For example, how can we surface all the data that a customer agent needs to resolve customers' issues? How can we help operation managers to quickly evaluate the health of every Uber city?
- Design and build web applications with the latest web technologies - React, GraphQL, Flow, CSS in JS frameworks, node.js, and so on.
- Quickly iterate on design and implementation. Ship new features and get user feedback within hours.
- Work with tens of backend and data teams to integrate 100+ upstream backend or data services with our applications. You will ensure the scalability and reliability of handling large amount of data.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure an efficient user experience.
- Create reusable components and abstractions that make our applications easily extensible so that engineers across the company can contribute.
- Experience working with node.js applications
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience building complex single-page applications
- Familiarity with static type checking (Flow, Typescript, etc)
- Good design and UX sensibilities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.