Sr. Software Engineer (Architect) - Edge Platform
About The Team
Edge Platform Team at Uber is responsible for building and managing the API Gateways for all the Uber Mobile App Integrations, External API integrations, and streaming data integrations with backend services. The services managed by the Edge Platform team are some of the most critical services that Uber business relies on to run securely and efficiently.
At peak, the platform will handle close to 700K requests per second. 1000s of engineers across all the different Uber Product teams use our platform on a daily basis for creating and updating the API endpoints that are exposed to the outside world.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement gateway platform features that have a direct impact on the availability, security, and efficiency of all the services that are exposed to the outside world.
- Constantly evolve the platform to identify bottlenecks in both runtime and development time aspects of the platform and improve them.
- Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
- Work with Product, UX, and Design to build a world-class API Management workflow engine.
- Develop various custom filters on the platform.
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Write quality code and documentation which can be used as the example for your company
- Mentor other engineers and continue building a strong culture of quality
- Help build consensus by being open to a variety of viewpoints and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement
What You'll Need
- Strong expertise in a high-level programming language GoLang, Java, or C++
- Strong understanding of core computer science concepts
- Experience building large scale distributed systems that can handle large amounts of load
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and metrics
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Experience in building Gateways and API management engines.
- Experience working on building platforms used by other engineers.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.