Global Program Leader, Incident Response Team
About the Role
Uber has found a strong product-market fit with its world-changing service, but we're still innovating quickly and defining new business opportunities throughout the organization. You will lead a Global Incident Response Team within the Community Operations organization, and report to the Global Head of Operations. In this role, you will oversee a 24x7 function & team composed of individual contributors, managed services, and engineering partners.
What You'll Do
- Build and mentor a high performing team with a passion for creating positive culture, founded on integrity and equity
- Help develop and implement the Uber Incident Response vision, strategy, and road map in partnership with appropriate teams across technology and business units
- Serve as the incident commander for major or high-profile incidents including validating and raising incidents, coordinating response, facilitating information sharing and conducting reporting
- Provide timely and relevant updates to appropriate executives, leaders and decision makers
- Test and maintain incident response plans and processes to address existing and emerging threats
- Organize and maintain documentation for executive and targeted functions for table-top exercises
- Handle Incident Response (IR) retainers and coordinate third party or internal engagements if necessary
- Establish meaningful measures & metrics for team performance and SLAs/OLAs
- Define and establish service goals, expected outcomes and measurable results
- Identify and define opportunities for process improvement and adhere to the principles of Continual Service Improvement utilizing metrics to ensure processes provide the anticipated value to stakeholders and users
- Minimum 6 years experience leading Business Operations
- Experience with managing a team
- A deep understanding of incident management threats, vulnerabilities, controls and remediation strategies in global enterprise environments
- Knowledge of technologies, systems and networks as well as typical gaps that could impact the ability of an organization to effectively detect and respond
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, verbally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
- Experience managing a global team within a large enterprise organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple high visibility issues simultaneously
- Thorough understanding of IT service portfolio creation and management, service and value requirement definition and design, and typical supporting operating models
- Typical elements that make up services, up-stream and down-stream dependencies, integrations, redundancy, availability, performance, and recovery models
- Significant experience working within the ITIL Framework with formal Service Management to include but not limited to
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Asset Management
- Configuration Management (CMDB)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.