Sr. Risk Advisor, Internal Audit
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Internal Audit team leverages the power of analytics to change the way Uber manages risk.
About the Role
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a detailed, focused approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Internal Audit Specialist:
- Performs advanced-level internal auditing work and executes Internal Audit projects
- Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensures Internal Audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Works fairly autonomously and can flex to new areas or topics with supervision
What You'll Do:
- Demonstrates very effective leadership in various areas of results, self and people leadership
- Ensures operational excellence and delivers work on time and at optimal quality; this includes:
- Performance of audit procedures, and the use of adequate methodology, tools, and techniques
- Effective identification, development, and documentation of audit issues, identification of root cause and negotiation of effective solutions
- Effective and timely partner relationship building and communication throughout all stages of the audit from planning to reporting to peers, partners and IA management
- On-going self quality control over the work performed (project documentation and results)
- Establishes and maintains productive partner, collaborative management and staff relationships
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Performs related work as assigned by the Director/Senior Manager of Internal Audit
- 3+ years of experience in internal audit, compliance, privacy, security or risk management roles
- Experience auditing or assessing risks in privacy and/or cybersecurity
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, management information systems, Legal/privacy, economics or related field
- Working technical knowledge of major privacy laws such as GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, etc
- Knowledge and experience applying privacy frameworks such as GAPP, NIST, or Nymity a plus
- Advance experience applying IIA standard policies and procedures
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Ability to complete assignments on a timely basis within budget and deadline
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical thinking and "outside-the-box" approach to reach a solution
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices (e.g. leading teams), and managing projects through the audit lifecycle
- Communication, interpersonal, and presentation experience that allow interactions with business partners
- Experience working with minimal direct supervision to multi-task, manage workload to completion
- Experience working as part of a global, cross-functional team and working with all levels
- Experience independently operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while leading multiple projects/initiatives
- CIPP/CIA/CISA/CISSP certification
- Understanding of Uber's products and operations
- Start-up or technology experience a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.