Senior Manager, LATAM Reporting & Compliance
About the Role
The Reporting Senior Manager leads reporting and compliance requirements for the region. The role is supported by a regional team and reports to the Global Director of Reporting but it requires close collaboration with HQ and other Regional Reporting and Tax leads in order to drive the successful management of the Global Reporting function. This role is based in Mexico City, Mexico.
What You'll Do
- Fully understand the requirements (and changes in) US GAAP to STAT conversion for all entities in the region and ensure that local statutory books are maintained correctly each month (or quarter as required per tier)
- Review and approve adjustments to the US GAAP ledger team proposed by team
- Ensure all reporting and compliance requirements are fulfilled and deadlines are adhered to, including all registrations, statutory filings, tax returns and payments.
- Resolve issues before filings become overdue & connect with HQ and key partners to keep everyone current
- Engage with our compliance partner to ensure the business, operating model and processes are understood in relation to local regulations and requirements.
- Responsible for the global compliance partner relationship, ensuring that service levels and budget are maintained & negotiates changes to scope and service level agreements as required
- Work with local GMs to handle new country launches and product launches to ensure all reporting and compliance requirements are met.
- Drives continuous improvement, standardization, reengineering of processes and controls in the LATAM region to ensure the highest integrity in group and statutory reporting
- Ownership of SOX controls applicable to the reporting team for LATAM.
- Work closely with the regional tax team to support tax audits and other tax initiatives/projects
- Lead, support and empower the LATAM reporting team members in their daily activities and careers in such a way that they are able to perform their tasks accurately, independently and ultimately reach their true potential
- Own the coordination of the Global Business Services team based in Guadalajara, Mexico and the reporting teams across the globe.
- Stay abreast of regional reporting developments to ensure requirements, current process and reporting remains relevant.
- Proactive accounting representation on projects; this will involve active partnering with appropriate collaborators in wider cross-functional and international teams for successful launch of projects and change implementation.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant tax experience, but we will consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- A standout colleague who operates globally, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative.
- Master the elemental accounting concepts and tax principles
- Strong communication with partners
- Strong interpersonal skills in Spanish and English
- Consistent record of sound decision making and delivering results in a leadership role
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
- CPA / CA / equivalent qualification
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.