Sr Software Engineer, Frontend / Full-stack, ATG Command Center
Would you like to work on self-driving technology without having prior self-driving experience? Read on, this might still be an opportunity for you!
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Command Center is a team within the Self Driving Vehicle Platform (SDVP) at ATG. Within this team, you'll have a unique opportunity to learn from leaders in all aspects of the self-driving industry. First and foremost, you'll have an opportunity to collaborate with our hardware, software, and R&D teams to build tools that accelerate the development of our in-house self-driving technology. This experience will include designing, testing and productionizing remote and onboard systems that must safely and efficiently navigate the real world, much like our Uber driver partners do every day! Moreover, you'll work closely with your sibling teams within SDVP to integrate self-driving tech (within ATG and external parties) onto Uber's network. In this context, you'll collaborate with other SDVP teams to work on problems such as marketplace expansion, trip flow logistics, rider experience, and any other potential production verticals Uber may engage in. The opportunity to work with multiple aspects of the self-driving problem is unique to Uber, relative to the rest of the self-driving industry.
About the Role
As a Front-end Engineer on the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG) Command Center team, you'll be helping build a set of tools to remotely configure, command and monitor fleets of self-driving vehicles on Uber's network. From tests to trips, our tools manage the lifecycle of self-driving robots, on their journey to becoming self-driving Ubers!
What You'll Do
- Work with product managers and designers to identify, scope and ship new features as we expand our autonomy capabilities and network
- Work with engineers across the stack and across ATG to write, present and review design documents that promote and share best engineering practices
- Mentor other engineers on a variety of topics: engineering standard methodologies (coding, frameworks, architecture, CI/CD), and project management (task planning), and career growth
- Have an understanding of application performance and scalability
- Have experience integrating with backend data API for performant data retrieval
- Experience working on open-source projects, building frameworks, UI platforms at scale
- Experience in relevant or adjacent fields: mapping, 3D visualization, aerospace, logistics and transportation, robotics, data analysis, precision agriculture, etc.,
- Experience developing and shipping with relevant technology: React, Redux, GraphQL
- Experience working closely with designers or product managers to scope development for Web or Mobile applications
- Graduate studies in a relevant or adjacent field: cartography, computer science, design, engineering, GIS, mathematics, robotics, physics
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.