Senior Product Manager, Restaurant Money
About the Team
The Uber Eats team is dedicated to the mission of making eating well effortless, every day, for everyone. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's best-loved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
As a Product Manager on Restaurant Money, you will oversee end-to-end financial experience, calculations, and flow of money to our restaurants. This includes building technologies that represent payment and service flows of various Eats business models in every country, e.g., how money flows through a three-sided marketplace, and transactions related to restaurant-owned delivery, takeaway orders, grocery, and many more. You will also own the restaurant earnings experience, from helping them set up their bank accounts to calculating taxes they owe to making sure they actually get paid. You will help restaurants of all sizes understand their earnings and payments. Finally, beyond just transactions, you will help identify strategic opportunities for Eats to be a value-add partner to help restaurants achieve their financial goals.
In this high visibility role, you will be responsible for crafting the multi-year product vision for this team, which ultimately is a key foundation upon which our traditional restaurant delivery business will continue to grow and new and exciting business models will be bolted on. You will collaborate with dedicated engineers, designers, and data scientists as well as various platform teams plus a diverse set of stakeholders across business development, tax, accounting, treasury, and P&L owner teams.
What you'll do
The Eats Money world is complex and ever-expanding. This is a representative sampling of the areas you might be tackling on the team:
- Enhance the flexibility of our payment and service flows to support various business models. For example, alcohol regulations have state-specific requirements on who in the transaction gets paid first. Grocery orders can have three parties to pay (food merchant, delivery person, and pick & packer) rather than just two.
- Scale our ability to calculate precise sales tax on food items and delivery services, without undue burden on the restaurants and grocers to provide item-level details on their thousands of menu items.
- Ensure our restaurants get paid the right amount at the right time. Additionally, find and realize cost efficiencies on these disbursement transactions.
- Help restaurants of all sizes understand their earnings and payments. Mom-and-pop restaurants want it simple and sweet. More sophisticated enterprise brands want their financial data delivered programmatically. There are many use cases in between.
- Act as the Uber Eats "money strategist", always thinking about ways to create margin opportunities and save transaction costs, while advising all other Eats product teams on how to best think through money implications for their projects.
What you'll need
- Minimum 7 years of experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every single UX component and financial detail
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A "Driver" mindset. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
Bonus Points For
Prior FinTech experience (consumer or B2B)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.