Head of Enterprise Operations, Uber Eats
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for a leader who can play a critical role to ensure that we are the most loved delivery platform by our 25,000+ restaurant partners and merchants. This role calls for a combination of deep operational skills to get great work done, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team of people. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, thrive in startup culture, and above all be passionate about food. This is a rare opportunity to elevate Enterprise-focused operations in Japan. You will have great autonomy and responsibilities to build scalable operations to handle large scale Enterprise accounts, build relationships as a trusted partner, drive executions to improve both operational and financial performance, and serve as a thought leadership in the restaurant and merchant community.
What You'll Do:
Strategy and Planning
- You will be in charge of building the Enterprise Operation vertical in Japan: setting the vision and the roadmap, and delivering on transformational projects for the business.
- Develop subject-matter expertise.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of restaurants, merchant-facing products, and internal teams, tools and processes.
- Take big picture ideas and projects and break them into actionable steps with rapid timelines for completion.
Build tools and processes:
- Use your analytical ability combined with operational rigour to build tools and processes that the Sales team can use to drive forward partnership KPIs.
Partner with internal teams:
- Build and develop robust relationships with senior cross-functional leaders, including Product, Central Ops, S&P, Marketing, CommOps, etc.) to successfully drive long-term sustainable growth.
Lead a team:
- Lead a team on the ground that will help you manage strategic partnerships, ensure they receive best-in-class support and build initiatives to engage and retain restaurant partners across Japan. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: to develop these teams while shaping the organization.
What You'll Need
- Proven experience in business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area (10+ years preferred). MBA is a plus.
- A builder's mentality - comfortable developing something scalable where nothing existed before.
- A history of collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve overarching organizational goals.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business acumen through analytical thinking to assess process performance and financial viability. Excel modelling skill necessary, SQL knowledge advantageous.
- Directly lead strategic engagements and relationships with key accounts.
- Experience leading and developing a team necessary, ideally in a fast-growth environment.
- Native-level Japanese
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.