Sr Strategy & Planning Associate, Uber Eats - UK&I
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Strategy & Planning team helps to solve challenges and shape the future direction of Uber Eats in the UK and Ireland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Uber Eats is looking for someone with a strong business analytics skillset who can use advanced analytics to investigate business performance and important strategic topics and drive insights advising our decision-making in a fast-growth environment.
This role calls for a combination of advanced analytics, critical and strategic thinking, proactivity to challenge the status quo and stakeholder management. You should be comfortable in an evolving and fast-paced environment, love solving problems, thrive in a startup environment, and above all be passionate about food.
What you'll do:
- Develop strategic initiatives and recommendations: Use your skills to extract and analyse data to investigate strategic business challenges or opportunities, identify issues and deliver data-focused recommendations.
- Drive insights through sophisticated reporting and analytics frameworks: Ownership of business-level reporting, defining and quantifying core business metrics. Support other teams through developing analytical frameworks and dashboards to empower them with reliable sources of data and insights driving both day-to-day decision-making and long-term strategy-setting.
- Business planning: Support strategic planning efforts for Uber Eats in the UK and Ireland, inputting to planning processes and other cadence/governance forums.
What you'll need:
- Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics). Master in analytics-related major a plus (Data analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Econometrics).
- 3+ years of deep analytical experience gained in a tech company, operational management or consulting (analytics track).
- A bias for data. You naturally take a scientific and highly analytical approach to everything you do. You know how to use data to make decisions and are experienced with analytical tools. Advanced SQL & dashboard creation experience required; R and/or Python experience a plus.
- Proven experience of running detailed quantitative analysis, interpreting data and communicating results in a structured output, e.g., C-suite ready slide decks.
- Steadfast focus on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind.
- Positive and team-orientated "can-do" approach. Able to work cross-functionally, with good stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Inventive and innovative mindset. Comfortable venturing into unknown territory and learning new things/technologies in order to find solutions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.