UXE Full-Stack Software Engineer
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Seattle, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
About the Role
As a Full Stack Developer, you will specifically play a major role in designing, developing, deploying and supporting Uber ATG's web development technologies. You will have an opportunity to work on and develop your skills in information representation, algorithms and complex computations, UX design and, of course, developing web technologies. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
What You'll Do
- Work with Product and Design professionals to define, document, build, and maintain web-centric software.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis without losing sight of the humans who use and benefit from the software you build.
- Help define and apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the work of your teammates and stakeholders.
- Mentor early-career teammates, providing them both in-the-moment support for assigned tasks and perspective on their longer-term professional growth.
- You have experience building applications with large-scale data visualization using libraries like mapbox.gl, three.js, deck.gl, or d3.js
- Principles of usability, accessibility, and user experience. You are excited by the pace at which the web evolves. You seek new methods and tools to make phenomenal web tools faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end. Deep expertise with principles of architecture patterns and excellent user experience.
- Phenomenal communication skills. We build software for people. We build software with people. You know how to write an effective technical spec, provide feedback to others, translate technical concepts into lay terms, and incorporate feedback into your efforts. You value and practice openness, empathy, kindness, and collaboration.
- A preference for action. You will use good judgment to balance speed and quality. You will deliver products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You will use a self-starter mentality to thrive in a growing environment where all hands are on deck, and consider no obstacle too big or too small. You will notice where there is a need and will hustle to fill it.
- The drive to make teams stronger. You're excited to work hard and fast to the finish line on new opportunities with a collaborative and integrated team. You will be proactive in engaging conflict with openness, patience and kindness in an environment where it is safe to lean on each other and learn from failures.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.