About the Role
Safety & Insurance at Uber is dedicated to keeping people safe on the road. The Safety & Insurance team sits at the core of Uber's business. We're working to redefine what safety on the road means on a global scale. On the Insurance team, we anticipate and minimize risks. We're ready to respond should things go wrong for riders, drivers, and the company.
We're disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly in both the U.S. and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious actuary to gain valuable non-traditional actuarial experience while working in one of Uber's most critical and fastest growing divisions. So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Deploy traditional actuarial skills and training in new and innovative ways to support Uber's Commercial Auto insurance and other insurance coverages in the estimation of unpaid claims liability
- Assist actuarial management in leading the quarterly reserve analysis through claims monitoring, process management, and sophisticated reserving methodology
- Work closely with various parties, including insurance finance, data science, engineering, and your actuarial peers in the development of analytic process and deliverables
- Communicate/present analysis findings to actuarial management and other internal stakeholders, including claims, accounting, and insurance leaders
- Mentor actuarial analysts in reserving analysis and insurance business principles
- Candidate with ACAS designation and minimum 4 years of Property and Casualty (P&C) experience
- 2 years of experience in reserving
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Excellent Excel skills, strong with SQL, experience with VBA, R, or Python required
- FCAS designation
- Candidate with 5+ years of Property and Casualty (P&C) experience
- Personal or commercial auto insurance experience with exposure to reinsurance contracts a plus
- Balance attention to detail with swift and practical execution
- Great communication and organizational skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Drive to learn complex topics
About the Team
The Safety and Insurance Team works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.