Sr Manager/ Manager, Culture & Engagement
The Organizational Development (OD) team is focused on enabling Uber to achieve its strategic vision by setting up effective processes and people practices which empower people to do their best work in order to accelerate the business. Key areas of focus for the OD team is: Performance Management, Culture & Engagement, Succession Planning, Talent Review, Onboarding and Change Management.
About the Role
In this role, you will be focussed on building deeper culture experiences across the employee lifecycle and help Uber bring to life its cultural norms. Through this role, we seek to enable an engaging environment where employees are able to perform at their fullest potential and create a compelling experience that shifts mentalities and behaviors to drive long term impact.
You will be responsible for nurturing culture and engagement while overseeing strategies focused on improving the experience within the teams using Pulse survey as one of the central guiding posts. You will also serve as an internal advisor initiating ideas across the organization that influence strategy, engagement, and a collaborative culture that drives pride, passion, and advocacy at Uber.
What You'll Do
- Build compelling initiatives to bring Uber's culture norms to life & inspire employees to inculcate aligned behavior and mentalities
- Create and execute a global roadmap leveraging data to implement strategies that promote and achieve a culture of excellence and high engagement
- Develop and execute a global approach that capitalizes on our robust Pulse engagement survey
- Strategic development and implementation of comprehensive Team, manager, and employee enablement initiatives post-survey to facilitate company-wide action planning
- Improve employee experience by executing function-specific action plans through coaching and developing Ubers' people leaders
- 8+ years of professional experience with an emphasis on employee engagement, employee experience, organizational effectiveness, or other related HR fields
- 12+ years preferred for Senior Manager
- Based in SF
- Experience in designing and implementing cultural practices in large matrixed organizations
- Ability to synthesize large data sets (employee database, qualitative and quantitative survey data) into executive summaries to create a compelling case for change
- Deep functional knowledge in designing, implementing and action planning global engagement surveys
- Consistent track record of successfully leading large scale global projects
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uber is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.