Regional Data Center Operations Lead
Uber is looking for an experienced Data Center Lead to help us increase our maturity level to efficiently support Uber's business needs as we continue to grow. You will lead all aspects of our on-prem DC footprint on the east coast, with responsibility for the overall uptime and operational efficiency of your region. In general, this role will cover these 4 major focus areas:
- Availability - maximize availability of power, cooling, space, network, and hardware
- Capacity - Bringing racks online as quickly as possible after delivery, and returning failed hosts to the fleet efficiently
- Compliance - create and follow policies and procedures to ensure physical access and data storage devices are secured and traced
- **Operations projects - improve and automate operations**
What You'll do
You will be running Uber's leased data center footprint in our eastern region in Ashburn, Virginia. As Uber's regional lead, you will have full operational oversight of around 20MW of capacity. You will be responsible for meeting availability goals, handling the capacity lifecycle, driving effective incident management, ensuring safe and timely maintenance, handling budgeting and spend for your region, ensuring staffing is appropriate to workload, identifying and driving operational efficiency initiatives, ensuring security and compliance goals are met, measuring and reporting on facility and technician performance, among any other tasks needed to ensure uptime and stability in the region.
You will also be a technical resource and mentor for all contract datacenter staff reporting to you.
Outside your regional coverage, you will be part of a larger team driving thought leadership, strategic planning, and maturity efforts across all Uber's datacenter capacity. Your perspective and experience will be sought out and leveraged to help us efficiently grow and mature our datacenter capacity to meet the needs of all our customers.
- Experience running operations in a critical infrastructure environment greater than 5MW
- Experience performing server and network break/fix operations
- Ability to work non-business hours and participate in on-call rotations as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, ascend and descend ladders, and other physical labor as needed in support of normal datacenter operations
- Must be able to operate power tools and basic machinery such as: pallet jacks
- Attention to detail, strong problem-solving and project management skills, presentation skills
- Experience running operations a critical infrastructure environment greater than 10MW
- Experience running teams performing server and network break/fix operations
- Experience leading and motivating diverse datacenter and technical operations teams
- Enterprise-level experience in leading large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Breadth of experience spans rack, server and network, as well as power and cooling infrastructure
- Working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously
- College or university degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience
The Uber Metal organization builds and handles the compute, storage and network infrastructure that supports Uber's workloads globally. Within Metal, the Operations and Reliability Engineering team delivers, configures, and runs the capacity that helps ensure Uber's infrastructure is always available and functions at peak performance.
We are seeking someone with a passion for supporting and evolving mission-critical capacity with an eye toward process improvement and operational efficiency. If you value simplicity, want to work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and are excited to learn, we'd like to talk to you!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.