Engineering Manager-FinTech(Oracle EBS)
About the role:
Finance Business System group works closely with Finance organization to business applications and solutions to enable critical accounting and finance processes at Uber. We leverage industry best practice in Financial and Accounting systems, applying them into complex global business operations at Uber. Whenever needed, we built software solutions in data process, data security, data visualization to bring latest technologies in to business processes, significantly improving the business productivity. We provide systems for compliance, data reliability, audit and ensure timely availability of business critical data. This group is in the critical path to enable Uber to become a world class business operation and at the leading edge of operational excellence.
An Engineering Manager is primarily responsible for shaping product/infrastructure features and technical execution of projects.They hire great talent and develop from within and collaborate across TLs and teams in order to plan and achieve larger scope projects.
What You'll Do :
You will provide technical leadership to the team responsible for the engineering design, implementation & operations of Uber's financial business systems, helping to improve business automation, data and system compliance with regulatory, and delivery of critical financial statements.
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop and scale Finance business systems for global business operations.
- Develop a strategy for data processing, data protection, and data visualization to handle mission critical and sensitive business data that is core to Uber's success.
- Recruit key talents and leaders in Finance, accounting, ERP systems.
- Strong domain knowledge in Finance, operations and corporate finance practice to connect business with technologies.
- Creative problem solver - Have an excellent understanding of business goals and able to identify and solve high impact, highly complex problems. Additionally, you are then able to effectively loop in other top engineers to help solve the problem.
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field. Masters/Ph.D. preferred.
- Oracle ERP Team Management Leadership Communication
- 10+ years of individual contributor experience in product development with special focus on any ERP solutions - Oracle EBS is preferred.
- 2+ years of managerial experience managing team sizes of 10+
- Hands-on in PL/SQL, other programming languages like Object oriented programming languages (Java), Scripting languages (perl, python)
- Experience in domains such as finance, payments, accounting, sourcing, procurement, supply chain.
- Experience in integrating and evaluating third party systems (like Coupa, Vetted, Concur, Workday, Planning systems (TM1))
- Ability to design complex software systems catering to global needs like i18n, L10N
- Good understanding of enterprise application integration - APIs, web services and security
- Experience in implementing full life cycle Oracle EBS financials implementations.
- Experience in defining systems strategy, developing best practices, setting a long term vision, collaborating with financial stakeholders.
- Fast paced agile experience
- Track record of building mission critical business applications and solutions.
- Experience with engineering design and operations of business applications, accounting and finance services.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on related business domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Passionate about helping the team grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
- Self starter, passion for learning.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.