Manager, Engineering-Marketplace Fares
About the Role
The Marketplace Fares team is situated at the heart of Uber, working on unlocking Fares Solutions to power all of Uber's products. Working on one of Uber's most critical systems, we play a critical part in launching all of Uber's new bets and initiatives. We are looking for a technical leader who will manage the team that owns the core Fares Configuration Platform. We want you to work cross functionally across the company to bring all of Uber's new solutions come to life and are supported in our platform. Your work will be instrumental in making these launches a success. You'll be leaned on to strategically align the teams charter and vision while also managing the execution of the team. This is a unique role as you'll get to wear multiple hats in thinking through operations, product, and engineering solutions when working on problems.
What You'll Do
- You will lead our configuration platform team: this team specifically is building a generic, configuration driven platform that ensures we can tackle Fares problems at scale and for use-cases around the world.
- Support your team of backend and frontend engineers in delivering and maintaining features that impact millions of Uber drivers and riders.
- Prioritize stories, features and bugs to deliver the most value to users quickly.
- Develop and drive a vision for the Fares Seattle teams
- Work with and lead rollouts with around the world.
- Strong leadership skills but also deeply technical -- this is a sophisticated workspace. There is no need to code, but you'll need to have a strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acumen on sophisticated technical challenges
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams through technical leads
- 12+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Backend systems Experience
- Be able to work cross functionally with many other roles and stakeholders in the company
- Passionate about building great experiences for Uber users all over the world.
- A high bar across the board - for your own contributions, for the people you work with, and for the products you work on.
- Experience hiring and developing a large team
- Full-stack systems experience
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.