Manager, Self-Driving Technical Program Management
About the Role
Manage a Self-Driving Technical Program Manager Team at Uber ATG: The Team is currently comprised of 5 talented TPMs and is expected to grow over time. Programs here are broad, complex, and highly technical, encompassing:
- Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Vehicle Command.
- Developer Platform, Release Management, Fleet Operations, Data Center Capacity, Migration, and Cloud Deployments.
These broad areas form the technical foundation of all Uber Engineering - from physical DC and cloud primitives to core Infrastructure-as-a-Service exposed to upper-layer teams.
What You'll Do
- Work with senior engineering leaders to align priorities, plan and track OKRs, and ensure the success of critical projects which often extend across infra teams and beyond to all of Uber ATG.
- Work closely with Product Management to align priorities and OKRs.
- Manage a group of senior TPMs: Support and develop the team, and help build the team vision which is cohesive with the broader engineering teams.
- Have the proven ability to get deep into program and business details to unblock projects when needed.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a program/project manager or engineering manager in a software, hardware, or robotics environment.
- Direct people management experience, including the development of a high-performance (Technical) Program Management team.
- Strong and broad technical experience: Self-Driving and/or Robotics experience, Systems Engineering and Safety experience at scale
- Stakeholder management experience, including the alignment of large organizational initiatives at VP levels.
About the Team
The TPM team at Uber ATG works in the broad context of Uber engineering, manage complexity at scale across a large set of technical projects and initiatives. We play a critical role executing high-impact company-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our Product and Engineering organizations.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.