Sr Software Engineer, Eats Dispatch - New York
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Team
The Eats Dispatch team owns and drives the real-time dispatch platform to empower the multi-billion-dollar Uber Delivery Marketplace (Eats, Grocery, Phama, Direct, etc.)
What You'll Do
The NYC-based Senior Software Engineer in this role will:
- Work with Uber Eats engineering teams to tackle challenges brought by the large scale and fast-growing business
- Design, implement and own Uber Eats core backend systems to deliver values to Uber Eats customers and partners
- Design and develop new systems, tools and dashboards continue scale Uber Eats business globally
What You'll Need
- Deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages, and frameworks (Go, Java or Python preferred)
- Experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with data-driven architecture and systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uber is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.