City Manager, Uber Eats - Italy
About the Role
At Uber Eats, Territory teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to their market to make it successful. In this context, the City Manager role is a rare opportunity to build and shape the future of food delivery in Italy.
What You'll Do
- City Managers are in charge of crafting and leading their city(ies) to success, delivering an outstanding service to our users while building a financially sustainable business
- Strategy: Lead the market by defining business priorities, set results-oriented timelines to reach those goals and take financial decisions
- Lead a local team: we have local teams on the ground that will help run the business. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: developing these teams while shaping the organisation is key to our long term success.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. We design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, build growth and drive efficiency.
- Local Courier and Restaurant Partners Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, handle partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our courier and restaurant partners' experience on Uber Eats.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to implement new processes and products in in cities
- Travel a few days per week to city(ies) in Italy to run the market, meet our biggest partners and collaborate with the local team.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years of experience in operations management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy work in a large business, growing a startup or similar experience.
- Willingness to lead a market and grow the Uber Eats' business there. Weekly travel in Italy might be required.
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners. Hands-on and eagerness to implement operational schemes in your own city
- A creative demeanor and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical issues
- Decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Full proficiency in Italian and English is required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.