Sr Software Engineer - iOS
About the Role
The Risk Mobile team plays a crucial role in our mission to weed out the bad actors in our system while ensuring powerful, intuitive and frictionless user experiences for our customers (riders) and partners (drivers, restaurants, freight companies). Our continued obsession for innovation in the mobile space is essential to enable Uber's phenomenal growth globally as we expand into new lines of business.
As an engineer on this team on this team, you will contribute to projects and initiatives that:
- Build rich user experiences in the Rider, Driver, Eats and other consumer-facing applications that make the user's interaction with Uber clear and intuitive.
- Detect fraudulent behavior by leveraging signals from entities (users, organizations, devices, payment profiles) and the environment (Sensing & Perception data)*
- Prevent fraudulent behavior by introducing the right level of friction at the right time in the user experience to validate the authenticity and intent of various Uber entities (riders, drivers, organizations, restaurants and more)*
- Ensure the integrity of user and device data*
- Integrate with 3rd parties to provide a customized Uber experience while enabling key risk checks
What You'll Do
The Uber iOS team is looking for highly skilled developers who are passionate about accelerating a worldwide transportation revolution. We're just getting started with our millions of users and hundreds of markets, and exciting challenges loom ahead. Come help us introduce amazing new features while preserving the magical simplicity of the Uber experience!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
What you'll need
- At least 7 years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining iOS mobile applications
- Excellent expertise in Objective-C/Swift and Cocoa Touch Frameworks
- Insightful ideas about developing for mobile
- Amazing debugging skills
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
- A github account with some neat projects in it
- More than one app currently published to the Google Play store with more than 100K downloads
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.