Product Analyst - Safety & Insurance
The Safety and Insurance Data Science and Analytics team specializes in rare events. The team works closely with stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Legal to build new product features, implement machine learning algorithms, and optimize safety policies to help reduce safety incidents and make safer for riders, driver, eaters, restaurants, and all people who use Uber's platform.
About the Role
We're looking for a data analyst to join our Safety and Insurance Data Analytics team to provide data expertise as we work to make this world a safer place to move around. In this role you'll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, product managers, lawyers, and other data scientists and analysts. This role will perform analysis to understand trends and shifts in the business that relate to safety issues and propose solutions to these issues.
To have an understanding of the types of products you might be working, check out: RideCheck and some of the other safety tools we've contributed to.
What You'll Do
- Support Uber's rapidly growing and unique safety and insurance operations
- Assist with new product experimentation including design, roll-out, and monitoring
- Work with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product management, various data teams to deploy data quality across critical pipelines and to set up processes to triage data issues
- Create metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor safety products on our platform
- Effectively and proactively communicate insights and drive projects to improve safety
- Proactively seek out opportunities to build new solutions to tackle safety challenges
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics
- 3+ years of SQL experience (Hive, Spark, and other big data tools a plus)
- 2+ years of Python experience (experience in R a plus)
- 2+ years of experience working with experimentation and measurement
- Demonstrated execution and impact on initiatives that cross multiple product areas and communicate with leadership and product teams
- Background in data visualization and reporting leveraging open source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau or similar)
- Strong statistical background: proven track record of applying statistical methods to solve real-world problems using big data
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.