Senior iOS Engineer - Customer Identity Platform
About the Team
We're the Customer Identity Platform (CIP). Our team's mission is to create a unified and secure Uber identity that enables Uber products and partners to grow efficiently and at scale.
We own signup and login, account management, and 3rd party authentication, which are one of the most visited (>100k requests/sec) experiences across the entire Uber ecosystem. As Sr. iOS engineer, your work would be leveraged by the entire Uber ecosystem (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.) as well as third party applications (e.g. Alipay, McDonalds etc).
We develop innovative features for all kinds of users (enterprise/business, tech-savvy as well as the not-quite as tech-savvy), all over the world, and across multiple access mechanisms (web, smartphones, feature-phone, land-line phones, kiosks, 3rd party apps and devices).
What You'll Do
- Directly contribute to Uber's top priorities by driving user growth and helping bootstrap new verticals.
- Help us architect new projects from the inception onwards (e.g. SSO, biometrics, recaptcha). As part of this effort, we're building a reusable identity SDK to support both Uber and 3rd party apps. Help us build this from the ground up.
- 4+ years of full-time iOS experience (Swift or Objective-C)
- Candidates are expected to be highly proficient in iOS development, application design philosophies (MVC, MVVM, etc.), source code management (git), clean API design
- 5+ years of full-time iOS experience
- Experience with mentoring other engineers and building a strong culture of quality
- Experience with developing mobile SDKs
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Experience in web security, customer authentication, cryptography, & authentication protocols (eg: OAuth 2.0, SAML, X.509)
- Experience with mobile device/OS capabilities (e.g.TouchID/FaceID, AppleID, Keychain) to help drive our goal of passwordless one-tap authentication
- Experience working cross functionally with product, data, design, and engineering to build products from initial conception to testing and rollout.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.