Staff Data Scientist - AdTech
Marketing data science informs decisions across Uber's global marketing efforts, accelerating both demand and supply growth worldwide. We leverage advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques in a scalable manner including large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
About the Role
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join our team to solve complex problems in measurement, forecasting, and decision science for Uber's marketing and ad tech teams using groundbreaking machine learning and optimization and forecasting algorithms. The ideal candidate needs to have a consistent record of successfully applying rigorous scientific methods with creativity and proficiency in technical capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills and have a direct impact on a business at a global scale.
What You'll Do
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research
- Use models to address key growth challenges and provide meaningful insights on problems such as LTV forecasting, market/individual level response modeling, cross-channel optimization, targeting optimization, and etc
- Provide thought leadership in applying innovative machine learning techniques to solve complex data science problems
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and improve data-driven solutions
- Use large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product and engineering teams
- Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, partner meetings etc
- Minimum of 6 years of industry experience as a data scientist
- Expertise with Python (preferred) or R
- Expertise with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. time series, regression, neural networks, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization)
- Advanced SQL skills - comfortable working with very large data sets
- PhD in any quantitative field
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus
- Strong communication skills, organized, able to multitask and be a great teammate
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Passion for Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.