Manager - cPaaS Sourcing & Operations
In Finance Operations, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. We provide end-to-end assistance to support Uber globally across procure to pay; strategic sourcing, logistics, and supply chain; contingent workforce; B2B order to cash; payroll; travel, expense, and business visas; intelligent automation; and F&A shared services.
About the Role
Uber relies on cPaaS (Communication Platform-as-a-Service). cPaaS is a growing area which has a cloud-based delivery model that allows organizations to add real-time communication capabilities, such as messaging, voice and video, to business applications by deploying application program interfaces (APIs). Uber is one of the enterprises that sends the most number of messages (SMS, emails etc) in the world. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, go-getter, curious and technically savvy manager to work on sourcing messaging, voice & video related commodities, while gaining valuable experience working for the world's largest gig-economy company. The Manager, cPaaS Sourcing & Operations will be a key partner to various teams such as engineering, product, operations and IT. This position will report to the Head of Connectivity Supply Chain & Operations. So if you're ready to learn how this company that is moving the world operates and willing to roll up your sleeves to source cPaaS, read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do:
- Messaging - Assist & drive sourcing and operations of business and technical projects related to the following messaging areas at Uber: One-way SMS, Two-way SMS, Shortcodes, Longcodes, Whatsapp, RCS, Phone numbers, Call metadata, Promotional messages and premium messages
- Voice & Video - Assist & drive sourcing and operations of business and technical projects related to the following voice & video areas at Uber: Rider-driver call anonymization, eater-courier call anonymization, Contact center voice, Local numbers, National numbers, International Toll Free Numbers, National Toll Free Numbers, Voice over IP, video conferencing and voice calling
- Comfortable working across various time zones to achieve results
- Build deep relationships with key cPaaS suppliers and partners to craft mutually-beneficial solutions
- Establish excellent working relationships with various teams at Uber including product, engineering, IT, operations, program management, strategic finance, legal, data science, procure-to-pay, accounts payable, Infosec, risk and business development
- Assist & drive key projects and negotiate deals
- Provide regular status updates to key Uber partners
- Perform quarterly reporting to management on key functions, successes and improvement areas of the team to show how we've improved
- Use eRFP tools to source cPaaS related products and services
- Assist in providing measurable strategies to management including outlining scenarios, benefits, risks, and organizational change impact of each of those options
- Assist in performing cPaaS supply market analysis, supplier identification and outreach, RFI/P development and execution, online bidding, supplier response analysis and negotiation
- Collaborate with internal partners and assist in operational excellence and improvement in execution initiatives
- Ensure business objectives are being met or exceeded, and strategic sourcing processes and systems are in compliance
- 8+ years of engineering or business experience
- cPaas (Messaging, Voice or Video) sourcing & operations experience
- 10+ years of engineering or business experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Communications Engineering or any other related engineering field
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Someone who over-communicates
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and strong negotiator
- An understanding of messaging & data areas like SMS, Whatsapp, RCS, etc.
- Basic understanding of voice & video areas such as Contact center voice, Local numbers, National numbers, International Toll Free Numbers, National Toll Free Numbers, Voice over IP, video conferencing and voice calling
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and balancing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to call out problems for any support needed for problem resolution
- Someone who is thorough with the details and can perform work that involves digging-deep into problems, contracts and numbers
- A go-getter with an appetite to learn more
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed product, engineering and operations groups and remote management of team members based in other locations
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.