Sr. Manager, Carrier Risk & Compliance
About the Role
As Sr. Manager, Carrier Risk & Compliance, the individual in this role will design and manage our Carrier Risk & Compliance team. The role is critical as safe, reliable transportation is one of the core value propositions that we can offer to our customers and communities. The individual will work with Carrier Sales, Strategy and Operations to ensure that our carriers are initially vetted for reliable, safe, transportation.
- Build strategy and policy to ensure safety and reliability of Motor Carriers that Uber Freight works with
- Build and own key safety & risk outputs and metrics in categories such as cargo claims, insurance spend, safety incidents, etc.
- Own policies and risk mitigation strategies to meet enterprise shipper demands (fraud, theft etc.)
- Provide thought leadership and insights to our most valuable stakeholders and customers
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 12+ years, preferably in Transportation, Operations, Freight Brokerage, or Asset-Based Trucking
- Minimum 8 years management experience (risk/compliance teams strongly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university required
- Deep understanding of contracts, and policies, including commercial cargo insurance
- Demonstrated ability to design and enforce enterprise level risk management strategies
- Understanding and experience implementing best practices, and frameworks for risk management and mitigation.
- Experience with the risk management tactics specific to Broker/Carrier relationships
- Ensure that Uber Freight is positioned as best-in-class in the category of Carrier Risk & Compliance
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.