Senior Manager, IT Financial Risk Management
About the Role
The Senior Manager - IT Financial Risk Management will be focused on coordinating and building a world class corporate IT risk management program for Uber's finance function. We are looking for this an individual who will work with the other arms of the FRM team to develop an integrated risk and controls program to mitigate existing and emerging risks. This individuall will lead a team and be responsible for assessing risk and developing mitigation strategies in Uber's corporate application environment relevant to ICOFR.
This individual will work closely with internal and external partners, interacting on a day to day basis with Engineering, Security Assurance, Tech Eng, FinTech, IT Internal Audit, and Business Process teams to execute ongoing risk assessment and risk mitigation through identification of existing and building new controls in a highly complex IT environment. This role will also be responsible for the overall IT controls for ICOFR, including rationalizing and automating Uber's financial controls environment. The successful applicant will have extensive IT systems processes and IT internal controls experience.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, including Engineering, Internal Audit, external audit and other external partners to drive effective IT risk management.
- Build and assess automated controls in a complex and heavily customized environment.
- Understand and manage emerging IT risks through early detection and adoption of preventative measures to mitigate.
- Conduct IT risk assessments to identify risk and controls gaps and provide sustainable solutions for executing risk mitigation projects
- Stay current with industry standards and regulatory requirements around IT such as COBIT, ITIL, etc
- Apply understanding of Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools and technologies
- Assist in the IT responses and strategies supporting changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, internal process changes or reorganization
- Work with emerging business lines to understand risk profile and ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Work with FinTech and process owners to improve efficiency of control environment through implementation of automation and process improvement
- Bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including ITGC's for Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) and SOX
- Provide control related support and training for the team to help mitigate IT risk through fostering an effective controls environment.
- Coordinate and review the completion of compliance activities such as; narrative and flowchart development, risk assessments, control rationalization, management controls testing
- Lead the outsourced testing program for the corporate applications scope of the SOX 404 program
- Bachelor's degree (IT focused and/or Accounting, Finance or Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years of IT Controls, IT Compliance or risk management experience
- Understanding of IT Attestation, including IT Controls in support of SOX control opinions
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to dive into details but also summarize for executive reporting.
- Ability to run multiple complex projects concurrently, including leading a large team(s).
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external partners, including senior leadership.
- Understanding of Emerging Technology Risk and Agile/ DevOps environments
- Ability to analyze sophisticated IT systems to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks.
- Ability to thrive in environments of uncertainty
- Experience managing a team
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, supervising and remediating IT control deficiencies
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
- Experience with information technology general controls and automated business process controls and concepts using both homegrown and COTS ERP systems.
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
Financial Risk Management (FRM) is responsible for understanding, analyzing and responding to risk events within the finance function. Its directive is to partner with the business to proactively lead risk and maintain an effective and efficient control environment over financial risks. Whenever change occurs, there is risk; in order to respond to the constantly evolving nature of Uber a focus on risk is required to ensure we are aligned with SOX 404 requirements and understand the impact of risk and use it to perform informed decision making.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uber is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.