Senior Manager, Accounting Operations
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Accounting Manager to join our central accounting team. This role will lead the Governance & Projects teams, supporting our month-end close and ground-breaking projects, while providing oversight and governance of master data. This role ensures the timeliness and completion of our month-end close process, accuracy of the master data, and leads efficiency and transformative projects for the Accounting operational teams. This individual will report to the Director of Accounting Operations and can be located in either San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
In this meaningful role you will help to build efficient processes and the tools that support them, and provide oversight and governance over master data - ensuring compliance, accountability, and accuracy. The individual that will excel in this role, is not only strong in accounting, but has a background in implementing processes and systems that enable the accounting teams to work in a more efficient, optimal manner, allowing them to focus on accounting and analytics versus processing.
What You'll Do
- Lead accounting projects and governance teams. Coach and mentor managers and staff
- Lead/support improvement projects aimed at increasing efficiency, scalability, and automation
- Work cross functionally to identify gaps or risk areas, and create end-to-end process recommendations. Build roadmaps, target operating models, and lead approved projects
- Provide governance over financial master data. Ensure timely and accurate approvals, set-ups and maintenance of master data
- Own and explain Chart of Accounts and Segment values. Provide thoughtful alternatives to business partners seeking exceptions
- Support close by providing oversight of the completion of processes performed by various teams. Report on closing metrics. Lead post-close debrief meetings
- Support financial analysis through the development of flux reports. Track unrecorded transactions, and lead financial review meetings
- Maintain close relationship with finance systems' support team (FinTech) and engineering, ensuring collaboration and partnership when developing processes and systems
- Drive informed decision making with business partners by providing cutting edge technical and operational accounting guidance on business models and decisions
- Design and maintain an effective internal control environment and compliance programs to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial information
- Support external audits
- Advise the business on subject matter pertinent to accounting and advocate for operational procedures that ensure SOX compliance and accurate financials with minimal touchpoints
- Ensure the use of global systems and processes. Partner with process owners to provide training, support, and documentation to relevant teams
- Support transition of new businesses / markets into Uber's control environment, global processes, and centralized functions
- Oversee maintenance of user access and roles
- Owner of certain financial systems - ensure timely and accurate maintenance
- BA / BS
- 7+ years of experience
- 10+ years of relevant leadership work experience in a multi-national, high tech organization
- Excellent leadership skills with collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally
- Broad and deep knowledge of accounting systems - preferably Oracle.
- Experience with high growth and its impact on processes and systems
- Experience with developing scalable, efficient, and SOX compliant processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions
- Consistent track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- Expert knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements
- Strong program management and organizational skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Ability and willingness to "roll-up sleeves" and delve deep into the processes
- CPA / CA Equivalent
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada