Mobile Engineer, Android
About the Role
As a Mobile Engineer on the Safety Engineering team in Brazil, you will be an early member of Uber's first Tech Center in Latin America! We are initially focused on sophisticated technologies to improve safety around the world, such as advanced telematics, machine learning, high scale distributed systems, real time data processing and mobile development, among others.
What You'll Do
- Design and build mobile applications & features used all over the world
- Collaborate with some of the best mobile developers in the world to build tools that improve our safety tools, enhance the user experience for our Uber riders and drivers, and exercise the latest features offered on Android.
- Ensure your mobile applications perform and scale in production
- Enhance the entire mobile platform and on board hardware to solve sophisticated problems that directly impact the business
What You'll Need
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid experience as Mobile Engineer, Android
- Experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications
- High proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Java or Kotlin
- Deep curiosity to learn new technologies, explore new ideas, and passion to implement them
- Strong written, verbal communication skills; ability to influence others within your team and outside your team
- Attention to detail, particularly around software engineering fundamentals, testing methodologies and quality
- Willingness and humility to try new insights; ability to quickly adapt and learn from mistakes and from other team members
- Strong work ethic, efficiency, and dedication; desire to see projects through to timely completion
About the Team
Our team uses real-time telematics and motion sensing technologies along with multi-faceted machine learning algorithms and user-facing mobile products to reduce and prevent unsafe driving and behavior on the Uber platform! We are building low-latency data streaming infrastructure that ingests terabytes of data daily before applying statistical modeling and signal processing algorithms, NLP auditing as well as facial biometrics recognition solutions. Our work touches all parts of the Uber experience from dispatch to on-trip and post-trip, as well as Uber's entire ecosystem ranging from our rides business to other newer Uber marketplaces, and ventures.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.