Sr. Government Account Manager, Uber for Business
About the Role
Government contracting is a newer space for Uber, but one which we believe presents a huge opportunity for the company as we strive to partner more closely with State and Federal agencies.
As a founding member of our U.S. Government Commercial team, you will work closely with leadership to build an impactful and effective public sector strategy within Uber for Business. In this capacity, you will scale long-term partnerships with some of our most meaningful customers, serving as a trusted advisor to help agencies get the most of Uber's full suite of business solutions. Success in this role will be measured by your ability to drive customer on-boarding, adoption, advocacy, and expansion.
In a nutshell, we're looking for an experienced Account Manager that's motivated to help build Uber's next big growth engine. Are you up to the challenge?
What You'll Do
- Serve as an internal expert in the U.S. Government contract expansion and renewal process
- Help define, implement, and execute against our U.S. Government contracting strategy
- Perform long-term planning and drive revenue growth through adoption, cross-selling, and expansion activities
- Serve as the voice of our customer with internal teams, developing positive relationships with senior cross-functional partners, including Product, Marketing, Sales Ops, Finance, and Legal to effectively drive acquisition and long-term growth
- Build and deliver compelling proposals, negotiate terms, and drive expansion contracts through signing
- Help recruit, develop and mentor the next generation of Government Account Managers at Uber
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales development, client success/account management, sales or relevant sales experience
- U.S. citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- A deep understanding of the government acquisition and renewal process, with experience in customer success, account management or direct selling within the U.S. Public sector
- A Hardworking track record of C-level sales activity and customer outcomes
- A history of partnering with cross-functional teams to achieve overarching organizational goals
- A builder's approach - comfortable developing something scalable where nothing existed before
- Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Flexibility to travel to local markets or various Uber global locations as needed for strategy, planning, customer visits, and team building
About the Team
At Uber for Business, our goal is to be the platform of choice for any organization that wants to move or feed people. We allow teams of any size to harness Uber's technology to move their business in new ways, with less hassle. From enterprises that need a seamless global travel solution to local businesses that want to provide courtesy rides for customers, to medical clinics seeking reliable transportation for patients, to organizations looking to feed their teams, Uber for Business has you covered. With over 70,000 businesses around the world already on board, we are building for the future of how work gets done.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.