Senior Product Manager - Uber Eats - Restaurant Money
About the Role
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. On our Product team, you will envision and execute on new products or product features in order to accelerate the trajectory of Eats globally in a matter of months, not years.
As a Product Manager on Restaurant Money, you will be responsible for end-to-end financial experience, calculations, and flow of money to our restaurants. This includes building technologies that represent payment and service flows of various Eats business models in every country, e.g., how money flows through a three-sided marketplace, and transactions related to restaurant-owned delivery, takeaway orders, grocery, and many more.
You will also own the restaurant earnings experience, from helping them set up their bank accounts to calculating taxes they owe to making sure they actually get paid. You will help restaurants of all sizes understand their earnings and payments. Finally, beyond just transactions, you will help identify strategic opportunities for Eats to be a valued partner to help restaurants achieve their financial goals.
What You'll Do
The Eats Money world is sophisticated and ever-expanding. This is a representative sampling of the areas you might be pursuing on the team:
- Enhance the flexibility of our payment teams to support various business models. For example, alcohol regulations have state-specific requirements on who in the transaction gets paid first. Grocery orders can have three parties to pay (food merchant, delivery person, and pick & packer) rather than just two.
- Scale our ability to calculate precise sales tax on food items and delivery services, without undue burden on the restaurants and grocers to provide item-level details on their thousands of menu items.
- Ensure our restaurants get paid the right amount at the right time. Additionally, find and realize cost efficiencies on these disbursement transactions.
- Help restaurant partners grasp an understanding of their financials. Mom-and-pop restaurants want it simple and sweet. Sophisticated enterprise brands want their financial data delivered programmatically. There are many use cases in between.
- Act as "money strategist", always thinking about ways to build margin opportunities and save transaction costs, while partnering with all Eats product teams on how to best think through money implications for their projects.
- Experience building consumer-facing products
- 6+ years Product Management experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for the Eats group at Uber
- Experience working in consumer payments and Financial Products
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience
- You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- You tackle complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together. Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.