Senior iOS Engineer - Customer Obsession
Product teams at Uber create the vision for the future of urban mobility: deeply understanding our customers to solve their transportation needs with innovative technology. Data underpins our products, enabling intelligent decision making and improved user experiences. Leveraging the latest ML, Big Data, data visualization, and NLP technologies, the Product Platform team works at the intersection of engineering and data science to enhance our services and deliver actionable insights.
The Customer Obsession team ensures all of Uber's lines of businesses and partners have a flawless Uber experience. We craft and build the entire customer engagement platform for the fastest growing startup in the world. From the moment you engage with Uber through various channels and modalities to, when a customer service agent solves your problem, and everything in between; our team provides all engineering for a magnificent, personalized experience
What You'll Do
- Design and develop mobile frameworks and SDK that is customizable and extensible to support Uber mobile apps
- Design and implement customer facing product features related to Help/Support interactions across all Uber mobile applications that have a direct impact on our business growth and customer experience
- Handle rapid change and experimentation in a sustainable way and support metrics for analytics, growth and multiple lines of businesses.
- Collaborate with multiple product, data and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
- Work with Product, UX and Design to growth and customer experience metrics
- Develop mobile libraries to help differentiate bots from real users
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Write quality code and documentation which can be used as the example for your company
- Mentor other engineers and build a strong culture of quality, handle conflicts well and help build consensus
- Strong expertise in Swift OR Objective-C
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Experience working with iOS SDK
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to create products that are accessible to users.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.