Product Manager II-Trip Experience, Uber Bus
About the Role
Uber's Bangalore Center is looking to hire Product Managers for the Emerging Rider Access charter. This key role within our Rider Products Core team will be pivotal in shaping Uber's rider growth trajectory in some of our most important emerging markets.
We are looking for experienced and entrepreneurial product leaders in the mobile applications space with a "co-founder" mind-set, to help build and scale a world- class product organization in Bangalore. If you are excited about fundamentally re- imagining transportation for the emerging world, impacting the lives of millions of riders in emerging regions, working with and learning from a phenomenal team of product, engineering, operations, and business leaders, this is the role for you.
What You'll Do
- In this role, you will use your deep knowledge at the intersection of mobile applications and emerging markets to discover new rider growth opportunities for Uber; combining strategic thinking with crisp execution to deliver unique value- creating products and services for our most important emerging markets including India, Brazil, and Southeast Asia.
- Strong PM execution skills are a given; including but not limited to creating clear roadmaps; cross-functional collaboration; relentless prioritisation; understanding the difference between experiment, MVP, and whole-product; strong communications; and experience rolling out multiple products to market at scale.
- The ultimate measure of success in this role will be your direct impact on the growth and health of Uber's riders across the world.
What You'll Need
- Experience building and leading businesses in India or other relevant emerging markets, including ownership of business performance metrics.
- A technical undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience in a high growth company or startup. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 4-6+ years of experience in delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the
- people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
About the Team
Uber's scale and growth have moved past the benefits of a strong one-size-fits-all product-market fit and this is where the Uber Rider team is focused. Our charter is to bring the next set of billion riders onto the Uber platform through driving affordability. To enable riders to access the magic of Uber anywhere, anyway, anyhow. A significant set of step functions in new rider growth must come from enabling deep access to Uber.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.