Sr. Product Manager - Uber Freight - Marketplace Dynamics
About the Role
Uber Freight connect shippers with truckers, much like the way that Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
To that end, we are seeking a data-minded Product Leader for our Marketplace Dynamics team. As Marketplace Dynamics Lead, you will be responsible for leading a team of Product Managers building the "brains" of the marketplace. You will constantly seek better ways to balance supply and demand, from our industry-first freight surge pricing, to our intelligent carrier/shipper matching algorithms, to our health and monitoring tools for our operators.
You will answer questions like What is a "good" load vs a "bad" load? In what regions should we onboard more carriers? What is the tradeoff between margin and growth?
If you get excited by using a data-first approach to building marketplaces and growing a team of PMs to execute on that vision, this is the perfect role for you.
What You'll Do
Using data-driven methodologies to grow our business while balancing supply and demand.
Defining and communicating product plan from conception to launch.
Analyzing the results of a launch and creating the plan to iterate and build new features.
Prioritizing features based on business impact and available resources.
Proactively filling communication gaps amongst all team members.
Contributing to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions.
Driving product research priorities for the research team.
Making magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through intense focus on simplification and shipping minimal viable products.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product management
- Ability to write SQL queries (nice to have)
- Track record of successfully building 0 to 1 products
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand, and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities.
- Passionate curiosity to learn and adapt to dynamic research, development and industry knowledge
- Ability to collaborate across multiple domains successfully
- A bold and optimistic personality:
- We're coming to work everyday challenging the status quo, and we're looking for people comfortable with asking bold, quirky questions, along with the mental resilience to know we're just at the start of a long journey
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (preferably in either computer science/engineering, a quantitative domain like math/stats/physics, or economics)
About the Team
The Marketplace Dynamics team is responsible for building the "brains" of the marketplace. We constantly seek better ways to balance supply and demand, from our industry-first freight surge pricing, to our intelligent carrier/shipper matching algorithms, to our health and monitoring tools for our operators. We answer questions like What is a "good" load vs a "bad" load? In what regions should we onboard more carriers? What is the tradeoff between margin and growth?
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.