Data Scientist - Uber Eats Payments
About the Role
**We are looking for Data Scientist to join our Uber Payment Network (UPN) Data Science team in Hyderabad, to make significant contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Uber's payment infrastructure.
This role, will be particularly focused on payment initiatives in support of our fast growing Uber Eats business worldwide.
You will work closely with senior leaders in Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Operations on fast moving, high-stakes problems. A deep analytical passion and the ability to execute on key business priorities is a must for this role.
In this role you will:
- Analyze key data assets to understand payment network reliability, transactional cost and payment vehicles adoption.
- Develop analytics, including predictive models, to optimize our payment infrastructure for cost and reliability
- Conduct A/B experiment to rigorously measure the impact of different solutions and process enhancements
- Monitor strategic KPIs and understand all underlying drivers.
- Explore data to identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Be a trusted advisor to Product Management and business leadership. * Collaborate with Product Management in making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
- Analyze the impact of proposed and actual product changes.
- Solve problems and answer data-related questions about UPN.
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional peers and management.**
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist, or Data Analyst using advanced analytical methods
- Prior exposure to the payments industry is strongly desirable
- Excellent SQL skills and experience with either Python or R
Proven ability to wrangle large datasets, explore and utilize raw data feeds
Demonstrated aptitude toward Data Storytelling and Root Cause Analysis using data
Excellent understanding of statistical principles backed by an academic foundation * Prior exposure to running and measuring the results of controlled experiments (A/B testing)
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining quality and detail
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Excellent communication and organization skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.