Sr Manager/ Manager, Culture & Engagement
About the Role
Uber's Organizational & People Development COE is focussed on accelerating Uber's business by enhancing employee experience across their career life cycle at Uber. This team will be responsible for building out and implementing key OD processes - Performance, Culture, Talent & Succession, People Development, and Change.
In this role, you will be focussed on building deeper culture experiences across the employee lifecycle and help Uber bring to life its cultural norms. Through this role, we aim to enable an engaging environment where employees are able to perform at their fullest potential and create a compelling experience that shifts mindsets and behaviors to drive long term impact.
What You'll Do
Through this role, you will be responsible for nurturing culture and engagement while overseeing strategies focused on improving the experience within the teams using Pulse survey as one of the central guiding posts. You will also serve as an internal advisor initiating ideas across the organization that influence strategy, engagement, and a collaborative culture that drives pride, passion, and advocacy at Uber. You will be reporting to the Head of Organization Development at Uber.
- Build compelling initiatives to bring Uber's culture norms to life & inspire employees to inculcate aligned behavior and mindsets
- Create and execute a global roadmap leveraging data to implement strategies that promote and achieve a culture of excellence and high engagement
- Develop and execute a global approach that capitalizes on our robust Pulse engagement survey
- Strategic development and implementation of comprehensive Team, manager, and employee enablement initiatives post-survey to facilitate company-wide action planning
- Improve employee experience by executing function-specific action plans through coaching and developing Ubers' people leaders
- Must be based in SF
- 10 years of professional experience with an emphasis on employee engagement, employee experience, organizational effectiveness, or other related HR disciplines
- Experience in designing and implementing cultural practices in large matrix organizations
- Deep functional knowledge in designing, implementing and action planning global engagement surveys
- Ability to synthesize large data sets (employee database, qualitative and quantitative survey data) into executive summaries to create a compelling case for change
- Proven track record of successfully managing large scale global projects
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.