About the Role
Uber's local marketing teams play an important role when it comes to establishing deep relationships with the markets and communities we operate in today. Representing the frontline of our business, local marketers work closely with cross-functional local stakeholders (Operations, Communications, Policy, Legal and Community Operations) and central counterparts (within the marketing function; CRM, Performance Marketing) to bring our products and brand strategy to life in-market. They collaborate with regional program management teams (where applicable) and global stakeholders to define local priorities in alignment with global priorities, managing activations of global toolkits and owning local-specific marketing efforts.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of local priorities (business targets, P&L priorities, segmentation, priority markets) to be thought partners with regional Operations/Policy
- Act as primary marketing POC for local stakeholders (Operationss, Policy & Communications, Community Operations, etc).
- Based on Uber's global marketing strategy, adapt, localize, and/or amplify initiatives to align with regional strategy, taking into account local specifics and culture
- Organise and support individual market/ region-specific events and partnerships to deepen connections with riders and driver und support the expected growth of the German market through intelligent segmentation (cohorts) leading to efficiencies in Acquisition and Re-engagement campaigns.
- Identify unique local marketing opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, partnerships, seasonal moments, etc) and deliver growth campaigns or transactional activations against them.
- Provide general and Uber-specific state of the market assessments and report back with in-market feedback and insights. Leverage tools, as SQL, to select the right data points (queries) and derive locally relevant marketing insights from it to support marketing decisions.
- Manage and coordinate localization of relevant content in partnership with global localisation team, as well as creating individual market/ regional-specific content for critical markets in partnership with relevant global stakeholders
What you need:
- Minimum 4 years of generalist marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced growth-oriented environment of FMCG/Finance
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or similar
- Strong business acumen; structured thinker with collaboration skills in a grown matrix and attention to detail
- Analytical experience: Savviness in SQL and other data tools and readiness to derive and present marketing insights
- Experience in customer segmentation, ideally gained in former CRM role
- Strong relationship management and communication skills as you will engage with partners across several different functions as well as global marketing colleagues in order to be successful
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to bring to life the Uber brand in a way that is both consistent with our global brand positioning but also meaningful to local culture and customs
- A customer-centric mindset - you are always thinking about how our customers interact with the brand
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset.
- Fluent German and very good business English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.