City Operations, Operations & Launch
in London, United Kingdom
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for a Territories Management Intern who can have a direct impact on the success of one of Uber Eats' largest countries. You will join the city management team, helping to support critical projects from conception to execution and jumping on challenges as they emerge.
This role calls for a combination of strategic thinking, analytics and strong operational execution. Further, as UberEats is a new business and remains a fast paced environment, we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
What You'll Do
The Territories Team is the ultimate owner of our performance, both in financial and operational terms. As a Territories Management Intern you will:
- Be in charge of developing Uber Eats in specific areas and/or cities, both on the topline (orders, clients, revenue) and bottom line (net inflows). You'll have to drive business performance in your area.
- Quantify everything you do. Utilise data-driven decision making to understand the performance of initiatives to ensure you are effectively prioritising those with the highest return on investment.
- Acquire an extensive knowledge of the area and cities to identify further options to keep developing Uber Eats (opening hours extension, new suburbs to cover)
- Act as an ambassador of Uber Eats mission, brand, and product
What You'll Need
- Currently enrolled in a Masters or Undergraduate degree (or recent graduate)
- Ability to take initiatives and easily adapt to a constantly-changing work environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate recommendations and effectively champion customer needs
- Highly autonomous - able to work with minimal oversight
- Willingness to be proactive and create positive and lasting relationships with our restaurant partners, bringing them added value and helping them to reach their potential on UberEats
- Project Management: good organisation & time management skills
- Problem solving skills: when you see a problem, you work hard and think out of the box until you fix it
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound commercial judgment through analytical thinking to assess project performance and financial viability.
- Advanced excel modelling skills necessary, SQL knowledge advantageous
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action tactical response
- Passionate about food, and excited about Uber Eats prospects for the future and a believer in the value that UberEats brings to our cities
- End of studies internship favourable - last internship of studies in engineering school, business school or university, with previous internship experience (e.g. startup, analytics, banking, consulting)
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Availability for 6 months full time in 2020 starting March/April 2020
- Please note: Visa sponsorship is unavailable for internships
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.