Finance Operations, Finance & Accounting
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
We are looking for someone to lead our Accounting and Finance Operations (FinOps) internal and external communications efforts, supporting Uber's Chief Accounting Officer (CAO). You will report to the CAO, and work closely with global and regional team directors and cross-functional partners.
What You'll Do
- Build relationships with the CAO and their leadership teams, and partner on communications to their teams and the rest of Uber that are rooted in our company priorities and norms.
- Develop internal communications strategies for the CAO, Accounting, and FinOps, to ensure Uber knows about the biggest moments and milestones.
- Collaborate with Internal Communications colleagues to align internal messaging, and to ensure consistency across comms strategies.
- Produce superb written internal communications and copy editing for executive leaders and their teams, and deliver constructive feedback.
- Support regular Accounting and FinOps All Hands, production of monthly team newsletters, and other major internal communications.
- Support all team growth and development initiatives which includes, but not limited to, creating and maintaining reference materials, managing training programs, and developing engaging employee communications.
- Collate employee feedback, metrics and data to drive improvement and communication initiatives.
- Be an Uber brand champion by working within our design structure and identifying ways to enhance our visual language.
- Help create a vibrant culture that attracts and retains the best talent for Uber.
What You'll Need
- An excellent writer who can quickly understand and articulate what we need employees to know, feel, and do; distill complex ideas into simple, honest and compelling communications; and be attentive to detail and zoom in to master the details and zoom out to keep an eye on the big picture.
- A skilled storyteller who is creative about how we tell those stories, from channels to format to timing, to get the right information out at the right time.
- A strong influencer - We succeed by building effective relationships, and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for Uber and employees. Communicating directly and respectfully, and thereby earning the confidence of our internal business partners, is paramount.
- A nimble self-starter - Uber is a company of entrepreneurs--we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable, calm under pressure, and able to drive progress amid ambiguity.
- A team player - Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams around shared goals. Our team has well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience
- Bachelor degree
Bonus Points If
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence and Jira software
- Technology and finance experience
About the Team
The Accounting and FinOps team is responsible for building and scaling global financial infrastructure. We care deeply about ensuring the most effective experience for our employees, in alignment with the larger business and organizational strategy. Our team is a mix of process and operations experts. Our scope offers us the unique exposure to the entire Finance team ecosystem as well as a vast array of cross-functional partners.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.