Program Management, Product
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
The fundamental goal of Product Operations is to ensure we create the right products to move our business forward. Product Operations Managers work closely with cross-functional stakeholders (Product, Regional teams, Data Scientists, Engineering, etc) to surface needs, prioritize, test, rollout and iterate on the products affecting Drivers on the platform.
What You'll Do
- Define the operating structure and processes to implement on product strategy
- Lead a community of strategic leaders to create meaningful impact to the business
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders across the organization
- Ensure functional stakeholders are aligned on key objectives for the program / product
- Advise product teams on the global needs of a product and a solution's feasibility throughout the product development lifecycle
- Develop an end-to-end product rollout plan, and project-manage implementation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (legal, tax, policy, support, etc) to prepare product for launch
- Track core business metrics related to the product. Lead quarterly program reviews with Mega-Regional leads.
- Identify key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to inform product improvements
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operations, business consulting, finance or similar analytical role
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communication, the ability to engage internal and external customers
- Deep understanding of the user experience
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions
- Ability to create strategic alignment by bringing key stakeholders across functions together
- A desire to learn, highly motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Effective prioritization
Bonus Points for
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- SQL proficiency
- Deep analytical expertise
- People management experience
About the Team
The mission of the Driver team is to unlock opportunities for earners. Product Ops, as a part of the Product team, play a key role in bringing this mission to life, partnering with
key stakeholders throughout the Company to ensure we develop products that our customers want and need. As a team member, you'll be assigned to one of the four core teams:
- Driver Experience: Improving the Driving experience from when/where I should drive and how I experience Uber via the Carbon app to how I understand my earning statement and launching new opportunities, like Uber Pro or Cartops.
- Driver Growth: Identifying, acquiring, and onboarding new drivers for our platform in the most efficient and cost-effective way using both virtual onboarding and assisted access tools.
- Compliance: Ensuring that all Drivers and Vehicles on our platform meet the requirements to operating in their respective market both at time of onboarding and going on-line
- Vehicles: Creating tools and capabilities to enable the car-less Drivers who wish to earn to receive access to a vehicle through a rental program, working for a fleet operator, or access to special financing.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.